What is the Student Support Centre (SSC)?
The Student Support Centre (SSC) is a suite of rooms near the student entrance where the SEND department is based. Students may come to the SSC for a variety of reasons including:
- to receive individual and small group academic intervention
- to receive support from external agencies such as the school nurse, the autism partnership and our counselling service
- to reintegrate into school following a period of absence
- to have timeout of lessons to deescalate and/or to alleviate their anxiety
- to complete assessments in a quieter environment with support
- to access support from staff with any issues they encounter within the school day